Ever wondered what goes into your delicious plate of chicken wings? Whether it’s a full meal or a random snack, we all love chicken wings. Crispy and oozing with flavor, it’s a celebration on the plate. If you’re wondering how you can make your air fryer chicken wings, you have come to the right place.
Air fryer chicken wings are incredibly easy to make. Therefore, today we will talk about some mouth-watering recipes to get you started. In case you haven’t tried making chicken wings before, the variety of recipes will make it easier to get your hands on this delicious treat.
Air-fried chicken wings are less oily, so it’s good for our health. Also, with an air fryer, it is convenient and a much cleaner job. However, there is no compromise on quality, and these are just as crunchy as the oil-fried ones.
So let’s get started.
Table of Contents_
- Here are Some Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
- How to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- What’s the Best Air Fryer for Chicken Wings?
- Previous Post: The Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens for 2022
Here are Some Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
These are beginner-level recipes so you can learn the fundamental trait of using an air fryer for chicken wings.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
First up, we have the crunchy Garlic Parmesan Wings. So, here is a quick summary of the recipe:
- Level: Beginner
- Yield: 4 Persons
- Equipment: Air fryer
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
You will need:
- Two pounds of chicken wings
- Three Garlic minced cloves
- A quarter cup of Butter
- Half a cup of pre-grated or freshly grated parmesan cheese
- A teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Two tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley leaves
- A quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- Half teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- A tablespoon of baking powder
- Salt & pepper for taste
- Firstly, remove the tips from the chicken wings then split its joints.
- With a dry paper towel, evenly pat the chicken.
- Now, in a bowl, add a tablespoon of baking powder with a pinch of salt
- Next, toss the chicken in the bowl
- Put the whole chicken wings in air fryer
- Set the fryer to 375-degree Fahrenheit and cook for 25 minutes
- While the chicken cooks, cook garlic with butter.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients into the garlic-butter mixture in a bowl and toss.
- Raise the temperature to 420-degree Fahrenheit and bake the chicken for five more minutes.
- Finally, add the baked chicken wings from the air fryer into the Garlic-parmesan mixture immediately.
Your air fryer chicken wings are now ready for serving. Moreover, you can try a different sauce too. It’s okay to experiment a little bit.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
The second chicken wings air fryer recipe features a slightly different touch.
- Level: Beginner
- Yield: Four Persons
- Equipment: Air fryer
- PREP TIME: five minutes
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- Two pounds of chicken wings
- A tablespoon of garlic parsley salt
- A tablespoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you want to make air fryer frozen chicken wings, put the chicken in the air fryer ten minutes before seasoning. After that, follow the procedure:
- Firstly, pat-dry the chicken wings with a paper towel
- Nest, season the chicken with salt. Use minimal quantity to compensate for the rest of the seasoning.
- Add garlic-parsley salt, paprika salt, and toss the chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Now transfer the chicken to the basket.
- Set the Air Fryer to 380-Degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, take out the fryer basket and re-toss the chicken.
- Set the air fryer to 400-degree Fahrenheit and cook for five minutes.
- After five minutes, take out the chicken for plating.
The Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are ready for serving. Lastly, add a sauce of your choice for more taste.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Red Hot Sauce Recipe
If you want to try some spicy chicken wings in an air fryer, this recipe will be just the one for you. Here is a quick summary:
- Level: Easy
- Yield: Two to Four Persons
- Equipment: 3.5-quart Air fryer
- PREP TIME: ten minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
You will need:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 lbs. of chicken wings
- Four tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Kosher Salt
- Blue cheese or Ranch
- Half a cup of red-hot sauce
- Firstly, Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray
- Pat the chicken with a dry paper towel
- Now, sprinkle salt all over the chicken
- Lay the chicken pieces in the basket so that they don’t overlap
- Set the fryer to 360-degree Fahrenheit for 12 minutes
- After 12 minutes, flip the chicken wings and cook for another 12 minutes
- Now, raise the temperature to 390-degree Fahrenheit and cook for another 6 minutes
- On the side, whisk melted butter in hot sauce
- Toss the wings in the butter-sauce mix after taking it out from the fryer.
Finally, put blue cheese toppings, and your crispy chicken wings will be ready for serving.
How to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
Often, people ask about chicken wings air fryer cook time. Especially the beginners are very conscious about accurate timings for better results. Therefore, we will now look at some of the critical aspects of how to cook chicken wings in air fryer.
Pat and Dry
If you want your chicken wings crispy on the outside, make sure to pat the chicken with a dry paper towel. The dryer the skin, the more baking powder it will attract. Hence, it gives a crispier texture to the chicken.
Baking Powder Is the Key
For crispy wings, you need more baking powder on the surface. Make sure to use aluminum-free baking powder. Hence, it will raise the pH levels to give a crispy texture.
Use Non-Stick Spray
A non-sticking oil spray prevents the chicken from sticking to the basket. Therefore, it’s an essential item to have. Moreover, if you’re using any flavored oil such as Avocado oil, etc., it will give an extra flavor to the chicken wings.
Stacking Chicken Wings?
Stacking is not a suitable method for Air fryers. It’s important not to let the chicken wings overlap because it doesn’t allow even cooking. Therefore, you might end up with undercooked chicken.
Although you can load up your basket with chicken at once, it requires you to toss and turn frequently. Therefore, your cooking will extend, as well. It’s better to have a single round of cooking rather than multiple rounds.
Oil-Free Chicken Wings
Technically, you are using oil, but that’s to keep your chicken from sticking. Essentially, the air fryer uses the chicken’s oil, so it’s much lighter and healthier. Combine this oil with baking powder, and you get a perfect crunchy layer.
Slow Cooking Method
Initially, slow cooking allows the oil from the chicken to cook from the inside properly. Therefore, it gives a tender and soft inner chicken. When you gradually increase the temperature up to 400-degree F, it makes the outside crispy.
How Long to Cook Chicken Wings in Air Fryer?
Generally, the cooking time ranges from 20 to 30 minutes. It’s enough to slow-cook for a tender chicken. If you’re working with frozen chicken, the cooking time can go up to 40 minutes.
What’s the Best Air Fryer for Chicken Wings?
In case you’re wondering which Air Fryer would suit your need, the COSORI Air Fryer may be the answer. It’s a high-quality air fryer with a practical design so that beginners and experienced users both can equally benefit from this product.
It has a 5.8-quart space, making it a good option for commercial use. Thanks to its 1700-Watt power, it can reduce oil consumption by 85%. Also, it has a cookbook featuring 100 recipes that you can experiment with this fryer.
The user panel is quite an intuitive design for the modern age with a single touch interface. Firstly, there is a digital LED display angled towards the user. Also, there is a shake reminder to ensure precisely cooked food every time.
You can also use pre-set timer values for consistent results. Hence, you can also choose from a variety of cooking options such as steaks, seafood, chicken, frozen items, baking, vegetables, and Shrimps, etc. Because of these preset features, you can cook your favorite meal with ease and accuracy.
It offers high-speed air circulation, which reduces the cooking time. Hence, the food is lighter and crispier. Moreover, the basket consists of a non-stick, dishwasher-safe, and removable basket so you can comfortably clean and store the fryer.
Crispy chicken wings with sauce, a crunchy layer with a tender inside, are tough to ignore. Now that you know the recipe, it’s time to hit the kitchen and prepare a delicious meal for your loved ones.
Also, we shared one of the best air fryers for chicken wings with you, so it shouldn’t be any problem when it comes to buying this product.
In a nutshell, there is nothing that can stop you from impressing your friends and family on your next Sunday brunch. An air fryer will make your cooking easier, quicker, and more reliable.