Do you want to choose from the best outdoor gas/ propane fire pits to complete your outdoor set-up? We’ve got the best propane fire pit for camping trips and picnic getaways lined up for you. They’ll keep you warm and cozy, even in cold weather.
And why shouldn’t we?
Dealing with sparks, thick, and acrid smoke takes massive effort to set up a campfire. Instead, a gas fire pit will save you time and hassle to get your backyard set-up ready in no time. Think of it as a campfire, only without all the downsides.
To help you find the best outdoor fire pit for your needs, keep reading our top reviews, and don’t forget to go through the value section on how to make your fire pit.
Table of Contents
- 6 Best Outdoor Gas/ Propane Fire Pits for 2022 Reviews
- 1. Best Choice Products 52in Outdoor Wicker Propane Fire Pit
- 2. Heininger Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit
- 3. Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Outdoor Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit
- 4. Endless Summer 30″ Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table (Blue Fireglass)
- 5. Bond Manufacturing Portable Steel Propane Outdoor Gas Fire Pit
- 6. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC Propane Fire Pit
- Our Pick: The Best Outdoor Gas/ Propane Fire Pit for 2022
- How To Choose a Fire Pit
- Gas/ Propane vs. Wood Fire Pit – Which are better?
- Energy Efficiency
- DIY Gas Fire Pit: How to Build a Gas Fire Pit?
6 Best Outdoor Gas/ Propane Fire Pits for 2022 Reviews
After thoroughly researching hundreds of products in the market, here we are with six in-depth gas fire pit reviews worth reading.
1. Best Choice Products 52in Outdoor Wicker Propane Fire Pit
If you want a beautiful gas pit to complete your rooftop, patio, or backyard set-up, then the Best Choice Products Outdoor Fire Pit is the best propane fire pit table for you. Not only does it boast an elegant design, but it also gives you many versatile features.
The outdoor fire pit table has an incredible wicker design, is weather-resistant, and brings an earthy look to your outdoor sitting area. Meanwhile, it has an Aluminum frame for sturdiness and durable construction. You even get a high-quality fabric cover for your fire pit table to protect it when not in use.
While the table is exposed to the air, the fire burns over shiny glass rocks hidden behind a glass wind guard. As a result, your fire is protected from harsh winds, and you remain safe from unruly sparks.
Instead of using coals or woods to keep the fire lit, the fire pit table works on a 20-pound propane tank. However, the best part is that the table includes a craft, a hidden pullout chamber to store your tank away from sight. Overall, it gives a heat output of over 50000 BTUs.
Besides all this, the propane fire pit offers a massive table space of 52 x 34 inches for other uses. You have to remove the glass guard and cover the propane pit with the included lid. The brand has added hooks on the side to hang the table lid close to you for your ease.
- Beautiful wicker design
- Included fabric cover
- Side hooks for your lid
- Can be converted to a large table
- Wind guard protects the fire from wind
- Hidden, pullout chamber for fuel tank
- Difficult to assemble
2. Heininger Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit
Heininger Propane Outdoor Fire Pit is the best portable propane fire pit for outdoor picnics, camping trips, patio, and backyard. Since it works on propane gas, it offers a clean, warm fire without the addition of acrid smoke to irritate your lungs.
Apart from this, the fire pit is relatively lightweight compared to its sturdy construction, making it easy to carry or place it in your car trunk. It has a 19-inch diameter, big enough to offer comfort and aesthetic vibes to everyone around the circle. Who doesn’t love a good campfire picnic?
Besides this, the fire pit gives off a massive 58,000 BTU of heat, allowing you to roast your marshmallows or cook your sausages. Just add the beautiful lave rocks in the pit and use the included 10-foot hose to connect the pit to a propane tank, and start enjoying in no time.
If this was not enough, you can rest assured that the CSA approves the fire pit for campfires.
- Lightweight and portable
- Massive heat output
- CSA-approved for campfires
- Sturdy construction
- 19-inch diameter pit offers heat to everyone
- Not fuel efficient at high
- Purchase propane additionally
3. Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Outdoor Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit
The Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Fire Pit is another pit that ranks among some of the best portable fire pits in quality and ease. Instead of suffocating you with ash and thick smoke, it relies on propane fuel to give you clean fire.
With a lightweight and portable design, measuring 19-inches in diameter, the fire pit is perfect for campfires, road trips, tailgating, and even beach gatherings. Since it does not require any assembly, you can start roasting marshmallows or warn yourself in a matter of minutes.
Most importantly, the fire pit is CSA-approved for use when most campfires are banned across the state. The spark-free, quick ignition system of the pit has a significant advantage over other types of fires. While the pit is small, you get a heat output of 58,000 BTU for huddling around it with your friends and family.
As for the construction, Outland has used high-grade stainless steel with an additional powder-coating and enamel-finish for improved durability and longevity. You can rest assured that your fire pit can withstand high temperatures and will resort to chipping over time.
Overall, you get a convenient cover and carry bag, a 10-feet hose, an adjustable regular, and a chrome valve to control your flame height. If this was not enough, you also get 4.4-pounds of lava rock to boost the fire aesthetics at every gathering.
- 58,000 BTU heat output
- Lightweight, portable design
- Long hose
- Chrome control valve for heat control
- Included cover bag and lava rocks
- CSA-approved for campfires
- Does not fit in with outdoor backyard or patio set-up
4. Endless Summer 30″ Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Table (Blue Fireglass)
The Endless Summer Propane Fire Pit fits perfectly with your outdoor backyard or patio set-up and gives you a cozy sitting place with your friends and family. Deemed as the best backyard fire pit, this table has a warm, brown, earthy color and measures 30 x 30 inches.
It has sleek stainless steel, black fire pit on the tabletop to withstand high temperature, and protects the table from damage. Meanwhile, the resin tabletop is reinforced with fiberglass to keep it cool-to-touch at all times.
However, the fire pit’s best part is 12 pounds of premium blue fire glass, filling the center. This glass gives off a beautiful aesthetic vibe when the fire is burning at its brightest. For additional protection from the breeze, you even get a PVC vinyl cover.
Besides this, the fire pit offers 30,000 BTU of heat from the propane-fueled fire and comes with a safety valve to control the fuel release. Meanwhile, the piezoelectric ignition system allows quicker and spark-free start-ups.
Instead of having the propane tank out in the open, the brand has also installed steel side panels to hide the tank from view, right beneath the Firebowl.
- Sleek design
- Sturdy construction
- 12-pounds of blue fireglass
- Hidden cabinet for tank
- Fiberglass reinforced tabletop
- Piezoelectric ignition for fast start-ups
- Not portable
5. Bond Manufacturing Portable Steel Propane Outdoor Gas Fire Pit
The Bond Manufacturing Propane Outdoor Fire Pit is another portable fire pit on our list. It features a high-grade, sturdy, stainless steel frame for high durability, allowing you to use it for a long time. Along with this, the pit has an antique copper finish that truly brings out the rustic feels in your camping trip and picnics.
With an auto-ignition and stainless steel control knob, the fire pit is also relatively easy to start-up and helps you adjust the flame height to your liking.
Overall, it gives off 54,000 BTU of heat output without producing any acrid smoke and ash. You can enjoy yourself in a comfortable setting by merely turning on this smokeless fire pit.
Moreover%2 the fire pit is relatively lightweight and includes easy-to-carry handles on the locking lid for transportation. You can easily fit the fire pit in your trunk for your road trips. Since the pit does not require any assembly, you can save your time and get right onto getting warm.
Lastly, the fire pit comes with a locking lid cover, a 10-foot long hose, and a large bag of premium pumice stone fillers.
- Lightweight design
- Includes a locking lid with handles for portability
- Sturdy steel construction
- Beautiful antique metal finish
- Large heat output
- Not suitable for permanent outdoor set-ups
- Consumes high amount of fuel
6. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC Propane Fire Pit
The brand established in 2002 has massive experience of producing the best patio fire pits for their customer. Their AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC Fire Pit is one such product that boasts a 38 x 38-inch square tabletop and a 17-inch square fire pit right in the middle.
Powered by propane or butane fuel tanks, the fire pit gives off 40,000 BTU of heat output up to a radius of 15 feet, keeping everyone warm and comfortable in your gathering. Besides this, it features an automatic battery-operated ignition system for faster and safer start-ups every time.
The fire pit comes with elegant fire glass beads to add a touch of flair and beauty to go along with your outdoor set-up. Moreover, you also get a hidden, easy access door to keep your fuel tank away from sight.
If this was not enough, the brand has included a lid cover for the fire pit to convert into a spacious table in a matter of seconds.
- Gives off heat till 15 feet radius
- Battery-operated ignition system
- Fire glass bead add elegance
- Sturdy built
- Lidded cover to convert into a table
- Wicker design goes well with outdoor set-up
- Very heavyweight
Our Pick: The Best Outdoor Gas/ Propane Fire Pit for 2022
How To Choose a Fire Pit
Gas/ Propane vs. Wood Fire Pit – Which are better?
Since there are pros and cons to both gas and wood fire pits, we will compare some of their main features to find the best one for your needs in the following section.
The availability of fuel plays a significant role while deciding on one for your needs. While rural areas may have an abundant supply of woodfire nearby, it is much easier to get your hands on propane fuel tanks in thickly populated commercial areas.
Besides this, the fuel storage is quite a hassle. You need to store the wood in a clean, dry place to prevent them from ruining. On the other hand, you need a place to hide your propane fuels from sight.
Fortunately, many outdoor patio models come with a hidden storage place to store your tanks.
Without any doubt, gas fire pits are considerably more eco-friendly than wood fire pits. Instead of producing a large amount of ash, debris, and acrid smoke, these pits burn cleanly and protect the environment from damage.
This is another feature where gas fire pits win by a landslide against wood fire ones. You have to attach the fuel tank to the pit and turn on the control valve. Most importantly, the majority of the gas pits include automatic ignition for safer and faster start-ups.
On the other hand, woodfire can create a lot of mess and needs periodic stoking to keep it lit.
Overall, wood fire pits are easier to install, especially if you use propane fuel tanks as your fuel source. However, if you are using a gas line, it is a one-time installation that will be sufficient for years.
On the contrary, wood fire pits are much faster to install than gas pits. However, they take more time to get the woodfire and use it for your pits.
DIY Gas Fire Pit: How to Build a Gas Fire Pit?
While purchasing a ready-made gas fire pit is feasible for some people, you can also create one at home to save your money. However, you need to have some background experience in constructing things from scratch.
Read the following instructions to get an idea about DIY gas fire pits.
- Firstly, select the area where you want to construct your gas fire pit. If you plan to use a natural gas pipeline, make sure that the area already has a connection set in.
- In the case when your pit is on the grass, remove the greenery and roots in a 40-inch diameter. Lay down a couple of inches of paver base on the area.
- Next, install a vapor barrier if your pit is located on grass or paver patio. Skip the step if you are building the fire pit on a cement base.
- Place the first ring of blocks around the pit, using either radius pavers or retaining wall blocks for ease. Keep a diameter of 32 to 37-inch for your pit.
- Next, lay down the second ring of blocks and leave enough space to fit the control panel and the vent block.
- After this, remove the blocks one by one and use concrete adhesive or cement to make the borders permanent. Apply pressure after each application.
- Read the instruction manual of your gas burner kit thoroughly to place your burner on top of the concrete ring. At least one-inch of your burner should overlap with the concrete ring for stability.
- Then, lay down the third and final concrete ring by using the same adhesive as the first two.
- After the concrete has cured, place two-inch of lava rocks in your fire pit.
- Lastly, light up your gas fire pit and make sure it is working correctly.
If you are looking for an eco-friendly, smokeless alternative to woodfire for your backyard, patio, or camping trips, gas fire pits will be right in your alleyway. Not only are they less toxic and less messy, but they are also much easier to use and offer a lot more convenience than other fire pits.
Make sure to read out our top six gas fire pit reviews to find the one that best suits your needs. We have even given instructions to help make your gas fire pit right at home.