The market is brimming with a range of cooking appliances. From air-fryer toaster ovens to pressure cookers, you can get a variety of appliances that make cooking easier and classier. No matter how inconceivable in the past decade, there is something available today for every need, you may have in the kitchen.
However, the best slow cookers remain one of the most practical and convenient of these appliances for quite some time. Although they now also come with additional features, such as pressure cooking, even a simple slow cooker has no parallel when it comes to convenience.
Are you tired of the multi-step, time-consuming process of preparing meals? In case you are looking for something to reduce the workload in the kitchen, let us help you find the best slow cooker from our expert reviews.
Table of Contents_
- The Best Slow Cookers for 2022 Reviews
- Which All-Clad Slow Cooker Is Right for You?
- Why You Should Get a Slow Cooker
- How Does a Slow Cooker Work?
- To Sum Up
The Best Slow Cookers for 2022 Reviews
The best slow cooker is one that best fits your needs. Although we have only considered mostly stainless steel and plastic cookers, other materials also work just as well. Let us look at the top-rated slow cookers of 2022 and discuss their key features. So you can find the one that best fits your requirements.
1. All-Clad Gourmet Slow Cooker
Made from aluminum and stainless steel, this stylish, oval-shaped All-Clad Gourmet Slow Cooker is generally considered the best multi-cooker in the market. Some of its features include:
- A removable cast-aluminum insert that can also fit perfectly on the dinner table
- Easy-to-clean, non-stick coating on the insert
- A 20-hours programmable timer
- A six hours keep-warm feature
- Four programs: slow cook, brown, rice, and steam
- Best rice cooker for both steamed and browned rice
Apart from providing the perfect heat and ensuring easy cleaning, the stylish stainless steel design can complement most kitchens. Moreover, with the extended keep-warm feature, you can keep your food out even when it is cooked and ready.
In addition to this, the Elite Gourmet 2-Quart Electric Slow Cooker is the perfect choice for small kitchens, according to slow cooker reviews. In case you are looking for a small capacity slow cooker to complement your limited storage space, this is the ultimate choice for you. Not only is it compact, but it is also helpful in regulating portion size.
2. Breville Fast Slow Pro Slow Cooker
In case you are looking for a multifunction slow cooker, the Breville Fast Slow Pro Slow Cooker is an option worth considering. With an array of redeeming features, this round, stainless steel slow cooker is the best you can find on the market for cooking diverse and exotic menus.
Here are some of its best qualities.
- A removable cooking bowl with PTFE and PFOA-free ceramic coating
- A three-way safety system to prevent overheating
- 11 pressure cooking settings, ranging from 1.5 to 12 psi
- A keep-warm function to keep the food ready for serving once it is cooked
- An LCD indicator that changes color when the cooker is cooking, pressurizing, or releasing steam
- An interactive LCD screen showing all settings, a countdown timer, and feedback about the food being cooked
- Customized settings for vegetables, rice, risotto, soup, stock, beans, poultry, meat, bone-in meat, chili and stew, and even dessert
In case this doesn’t seem enough, it also comes with a recipe book containing 41 recipes you can try. If diversity is what you are after, it is time to get your hands on this slow cooker. As far as the best pressure cooker goes in the line of slow cookers, this one is it.
According to the Breville Fast Slow Pro Slow Cooker reviews, the newer models are even more efficient and can help you get the perfect food prepared on the first try.
3. Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker
Available in three capacities, this black, stainless steel Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker is another top-notch choice for a multifunctional slow cooker. According to reviews, customers highly prefer it for its versatility and safety features. Here are some of the qualities that make it a great choice for your kitchen.
- Combines multiple appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and warmer
- Cooks up to 70 times faster than other slow cookers
- More than ten built-in safety features, including overheat protection and safety lock
- Available in a very large capacity of eight quarts
- Highly durable stainless steel inner pot made with a 3-ply bottom
- Comes with stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, and condensation collector
- Dishwasher-friendly components and accessories
- Easy-to-clean fingerprint-resistant stainless steel lid
- 12 one-touch autopilot smart programs for cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, desserts, and more
Its capacity and safety features make it the ideal choice for big families, especially with children. You can cook large meals with ease without having to worry about overheating or other damage.
4. Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker
Apart from being an air-fryer, slow cooker, and much more all at the same time, the Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker also has a high gloss finish that can make it the perfect complement for most kitchens. Its features include:
- Three-way function: pressure cooker, air fryer, and tender crisper
- 70 percent faster pressure cooking than traditional methods
- Air-frying with 75 perfect less fat than traditional methods
- Non-stick, PTFE/PFOA-free ceramic coated pot with a capacity of 6.5 quartz
- Ceramic coated, PTFE/PFOA free cook and crisp basket with a capacity of 4 quartz
- Crisping lid to give your meals a crispy golden finish
- A dehydrating function for crispy snacks
The pot and basket must be hand washed with soap, as they are not dishwasher-friendly. However, according to the Ninja slow cooker reviews, this appliance is your go-to for large family-sized servings of fried snacks, as it can also serve the function of an electric griddle.
The tender-crisp technology and frozen-food-friendly pressure cooking set it apart from other slow cookers.
5. Wolf Gourmet Programmable 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker
In case you are looking for something easy and practical, Wolf Gourmet Programmable 6-in-1 Multi-Cooker is a brilliant option. Here are some of its notable features.
- A large capacity of 7 quartz
- Oven and dishwasher-safe, removable, stainless steel tri-ply vessel, can be used on any cooktop
- 6 program settings: manual, meal timer, program, rice, sauté/sear, and sous vide
- Customizable cooking times and temperatures
- A temperature probe to constantly monitor the internal temperature of food
- Removable sous vide rack
- Intuitive feedback panel for feedback
- A warranty of 5 years
Extremely versatile and easy to use, this slow cooker is as good as any for your kitchen. You can also customize the cooking process such that your meal is ready at the exact time you need it. Therefore, you can always make sure your food is fresh and not overcooked at serving time.
Which All-Clad Slow Cooker Is Right for You?
Why You Should Get a Slow Cooker
Preparing nutrient-rich, tasty, and healthy meals is hard work. It often requires hours of sweat in the kitchen and sometimes even requires preparation a day or two before. It is, therefore, understandable how putting a nice meal on the table can get a tad bit unmanageable.
This is especially true for people working full-time. Since meal preparation cannot be allowed to impinge one’s work hours, it is often the quality of the food that suffers.
Cooking as a chore can become exhausting and repetitive, no matter how delicious the outcome. Slow cookers help you maintain both the integrity of the meal and good time management. As most of the work is done by the cooker, you can go about your other tasks without worrying about the food.
Slow cookers do not require constant supervision, so you can set your meal to cook in the morning without any worry. They also ensure well-cooked, high-quality food that fits your palate.
For example, you can enjoy a nice smoked pork butt for dinner without having to stand outdoors by a gas grill or pellet smoker all day. But in case you enjoy the process itself, you must consider trying out a smokeless, indoor grill for your ease.
How Does a Slow Cooker Work?
A slow cooker consists of three essential components.
- A base: This contains a heating element that transmits the heat required to cook the food.
- The vessel or container: This is where you place whatever needs to be cooked.
- A glass lid: It is placed over the vessel to seal it.
Based on the principle of induction cooking, heat is transmitted from the heating element to the sides of the vessel and into the food. The steam generated helps seal the lid. As the liquid is not allowed to evaporate, adequate moisture is retained in the food.
The temperature range is between 160 and 215 degrees Fahrenheit, with low, medium, and high gradations. The higher the temperature that the cooker is set at, the faster it will cook the food.
However, the exact timing depends on the specific food you are cooking; for example, a pork shoulder takes about 16 to 18 hours to cook properly.
To Sum Up
Find the best slow cooker for your kitchen by weighing your needs against the specific features offered by each appliance. It is also helpful to go over the slow cooker reviews given by customers to ensure the quality and integrity of the product. We hope you found this article helpful!