Have you ever wanted to make an impressive barbecue and amaze your family and friends? If your answer is yes, then making delicious meals with an electric smoker is the perfect way to do it. You will adore smoked ribs prepared this way. Whether you like beef or pork, wet or dry ribs, the secret of preparing the perfectly smoked barbecue ribs is the right temperature. With a good quality electric smoker, all you need to do is set the right heat and let it do the rest. In the meantime, enjoy with your family and friends on a sunny day, until this delicious meal is ready.
Want to know the best part?
You don’t have to worry about checking the meat every minute. With all the benefits that goes with the smoker, you will be able to relax, spend some quality time with your children, or do your chores around the house, while cooking.
Now: Following these 10 simple steps, you will become a barbecue pro in no time! This is indeed an easy way cooking method. So, let’s start.
Table of Contents_
The Ingredients for Marinating
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 apple, quartered
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
A quick tip: When buying a rack of ribs, pick up the one that is pink and not frozen. Look for the one that is pre-trimmed of excess fat.
- The first step is to remove the membrane from the ribs. Do this the night before you are planning on cooking them. Insert a knife under the membrane and loosen it. Use your hands to remove it completely from the meat.
- Mix the ingredients you are going to use. Combine the chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt and mustard powder in a bowl. This will be used as marinate. Seasoning the meat before smoking is good for bonding the dry rub to the ribs.
- Rub the meat with the cut side of the lemon. Then cover it with seasoning. Use your hands to rub it into the ribs, evenly covering both sides. Put them in a large pan or a plastic bag.
- The next step is to put the ribs in the fridge overnight, for the proper marinate. If you forgot to do that, put it at least for two hours to sit in the freezer before you start cooking.
- Don’t forget to remove the meat from the fridge at least one hour before smoking it. It is the best to warm it up to the room temperature before you cook it. In the meantime, combine the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and apple juice in a spray bottle. Shake it well to mix.
- Preheat electric smoker to 255 degrees F. For a more accurate read of the temperature use an oven thermometer and place it on the grates where the meat will be cooking on. Brush the grates with vegetable oil. Put the ribs on it and let them smoke for a few hours. Use this time to enjoy in the sun and relax. No need to check the smoker all the time.
- After three hours of cooking, take the meat off the smoker. Wrap it in the aluminum foil and pour apple juice over it. Not too much, just a little bit to keep it moist. This way they will get nice and tender. Leave it for a few minutes and return them back to the grates.
- Smoke the ribs for another two hours. Then remove them from the grates and unwrapped them. They are now safe to eat. But for the better taste put them back to the smoker and cook them for another hour. This time without foil. If you prefer you could put more rub, for a stronger flavor.
- After you pull the ribs off the smoker, let it rest. Five to ten minutes would be enough before you slice it. You could use this time to prepare potatoes or anything you prefer. The ribs should be tender and dark brown.
Tips to Make Perfect Barbecue With an Electric Smoker
Smoking time requires about 5 to 6 hours. It is better to smoke them dry. Don’t use barbecue sauce during the cooking process.
Use a mop sauce to keep the meat moist. You can apply it every hour or so with this very simple mixture: apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Cover the ribs during cooking with a small brush or you can spray it over using a spray bottle. Whatever is easier for you.
If you prefer more tender meat, let it smoke for another hour. Low the cooking temperature, so it won’t dry out too much.
When the meat is over you can serve it with anything you like. For example, this delicious meal goes great with a barbecue sauce, pepper jack cheese or pickles. You can add potatoes and have a perfect meal.
Put the leftover in an airtight bag and store it in the fridge. They will last for about three days, no longer. If you want to reheat them, put them in the pan and cover with a wet paper to stay moist.
Delicious Smoked Ribs with Masterbuilt Smoker
With the electric smoker, you will be preparing delicious barbecue and become a pro in no time. It has everything you need to become a barbecue master chef. Following these easy steps, you will surely amaze your family and friends with your culinary possibilities.
We all know that the best ribs are ones that are cooked at the low temperatures. So it will take some time to smoke them right. But, as there is no supervision needed with an electric smoker, you can prepare it for hours and still be free to do everything you need. So, what are you waiting for? Prepare this delicious meal and enjoy it! Bon appetit!