Do you aspire to master your grilling game by ensuring precise cooking? Do you want to present correctly done steaks to your family, keeping in view all the different done-ness requirements?
We have compiled the following guide to review the 10 best smoker thermometers for 2021 to achieve your grilling goals for your convenience.
A smoke thermometer measures not only the meat’s temperature but also the ambient temperature. The best thing is to monitor the temperature of different types of meat simultaneously on the same smoker.
Table of Contents
- The 10 Best Smoker Thermometers for 2021 Reviews
- 1. ThermoPro TP25 500ft Wireless Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
- 2. MEATER Plus | 165ft Long Range Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer
- 3. Inkbird WiFi Grill Thermometer IBBQ-4T, Rechargeable Wireless BBQ Thermometer with 4 Probes
- 4. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer
- 5. Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer
- 6. Inkbird Wireless Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer IBT-6XS ưith 6 Probes
- 7. Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Wireless Grill BBQ Thermometer for Grilling with 4 Probes
- 8. ThermoPro TP08S Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer
- 9. Soraken Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling, Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
- 10. Oprol Bluetooth Meat Thermometer, Wireless Digital BBQ Thermometer
- How to Select The Best Smoker Thermometer?
- How Does a Smoker Thermometer Work?
- How to Use Thermometer for Smoker?
The 10 Best Smoker Thermometers for 2021 Reviews
After testing and comparing different meat thermometers, I’ve been able to confirm the 10 best smoker thermometers you can ever find on the market.
1. ThermoPro TP25 500ft Wireless Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
As the name suggests, the ThermoPro TP25 is a four-probe thermometer with Bluetooth connectivity. It’s designed to display the cooking temperature on your smartphone or tablet.
This smart thermometer comes with an impressive Bluetooth range of 495 feet. The Bluetooth works at 2.4GHz, which is the best frequency for a wireless meat thermometer.
It can easily measure the temperature between 14F to 572F degrees allowing you to ensure precise cooking.
This featureful thermometer includes a lithium battery with a USB charging port and a dual-headed USB charging cable. Lucky for you, you can quickly charge it via your laptop, phone charger, or a power bank.
It also included a convenient backlight button on the front, which stays on for 10 seconds when you press it.
This simple thermometer comes with only three buttons. You can easily switch between the Celsius and Fahrenheit units by pressing the Power/C/F button.
Moreover, you can find the Bluetooth button on the back. The Bluetooth functionality activates when you press and hold it for three seconds.
Luckily, it comes with a wire stand allowing you to place it at a comfortable viewing angle. Else, you can also hang the thermometer.
The transmitter is divided into four sections for each of the probes.
Additionally, these six inches probes come in four different colors – black, blue, silver, and gold.
The meat probes come with two grill clips to prevent them from burning on the grill grates or oven racks.
- Includes four probes
- Preset temperatures for nine types of meat
- Connects to smartphone
- Features 495 feet Bluetooth range
- 14F to 572F temperature range
- USB charging port
- Buggy app
- The app isn’t user-friendly
2. MEATER Plus | 165ft Long Range Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer
The MEATER Plus comes with 165 feet range and two sensors to monitor smartphones or tablets’ cooking process.
The two sensors allow you to monitor both the internal and external ambient temperature. You can measure the internal meat temperature up to 212F degrees and an external ambient temperature of 527F degrees.
Afterward, the free MEATER app displays both the temperature information on your Android or iOS smartphone.
This smart thermometer works with the app to figure out the cooking time based on real-time data. It means the app notifies you when the food is ready, thus saving you from burning your food.
You can use this multi-purpose thermometer to measure the cooking temperature in indoor stoves, outdoor grills, or smokers.
Let’s talk about the package. It comes in a nice sleek bamboo box measuring around 6.1 x 1.4 x 1.1 inches weighing around 3.5 ounces.
You can find an LED light on the box, which turns green to notify you about full charging.
By the way, this ultra-slim probe doesn’t come with any On/OFF switch. All you need is to remove the probe from the charger to turn it on and place it back in the charger to turn it off.
- Two temperature sensors
- Guided cook system
- Advanced cooking estimator algorithm
- Connectivity suite
- Simple design
- Comes with only one probe
- 165 feet Bluetooth range
3. Inkbird WiFi Grill Thermometer IBBQ-4T, Rechargeable Wireless BBQ Thermometer with 4 Probes
An Australian based company, Inkbird, has designed the Inkbird WiFi Grill Thermometer IBBQ-4T by incorporating WiFi technology.
It comes with all the necessary components, such as a USB-C charging cable, two grill clips, three meat probes, and one grill probe.
By the way, the meat probes can easily double as grill probes but not vice-versa.
The transmitter comes with a large and bright screen facilitating one-touch operations with a button present on the front.
You can see a visible contrast between the orange and black colors to keep your eyes focused on the important stuff.
Unlike the previously discussed thermometers, it comes with a WiFi connection to ensure a more stable wireless connectivity.
You can easily measure the temperature between 32F and 482F degrees.
The app allows you to customize the temperature in addition to the preset internal temperatures.
- WiFi connectivity
- Rechargeable battery
- Downloadable temperature graphs
- Calibration ability
- 32F to 482F degrees range
- Customizable high/low alarms
- Not recommended during a long smoke
- Non-existent data log
4. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer
The ThermoPro TP20 is an advanced thermometer with a wireless remote temperature monitoring feature.
This high-tech thermometer comes with a double test innovation screen to display two different meat temperatures.
It incorporates the preset USDA endorsed temperature for various kinds of meat, including beef, ground poultry, veal, chicken, pork, beef, and many more.
Not only that, but it also features the done-ness levels of meat such as rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done.
The transmitter comes with dual-purpose write, which can snare on the stove entryway or function as a stand.
It features a remote range of up to 300 feet with a temperature accuracy of +/- 1.8F degrees.
You can measure the temperature between 32F and 572F degrees.
In the case of long-time cooking, the receiver beeps and flashes once it reaches the preset temperature.
Moreover, you don’t need to follow tedious steps to set the transmitter and synchronize it. The display shows both the food and oven temperature with a backlight to facilitate evening cooking.
- Dual probes
- Multiple programming options
- 250-300 feet wireless range
- Lost connection alarm
- Cout up/down timer
- Grill/BBQ ambient temperature
- Absence of control/button lock
- No physical labeling on probes
5. Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer
The Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer features four probes to measure the temperature of two different types of meat via Bluetooth connectivity on the iGrill app.
Moreover, it also comes with an additional ambient probe to measure the grill or smoker temperature.
You can easily pair the app with the transmitter without any hassle.
The package includes two meat probes, two probe wraps, two colored probe indicators, two AA batteries, a quick start guide, and a magnetic disc.
It can easily measure temperature between -22F and 572F degrees. The probes are resistant up to 716F degrees.
The battery can last up to 200 hours once fully charged.
On the downside, when you walk away from the transmitter and lose the connectivity, you may also end up losing the temperature graph.
Moreover, it offers a Bluetooth range of only 150 feet, which is the lowest among the already reviewed thermometers.
This reliable thermometer comes with a warranty for two years to ensure a safe investment.
- Four probe capacity
- Probe resistance up to 716F degrees
- Simple LED display
- The easy pairing of app and transmitter
- Two-year warranty
- Data is lost when disconnected
- Low Bluetooth range
- No waterproofing
6. Inkbird Wireless Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer IBT-6XS ưith 6 Probes
The Inkbird Wireless Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer IBT-6XS facilitates hands-free, remote temperature monitoring with its Bluetooth connectivity.
As the name suggests, it comes with six probes: the highest number of probes in any thermometer so far in this review.
It means you can easily insert more than one probe in a single piece of meat of varied thickness to ensure consistent cooking.
The best thing about this thermometer is that each probe has its display in the app.
Moreover, you can set the desired temperature without worrying about your steaks to come out well done instead of medium.
It also generates an alert sound on your phone once the meat reaches the set temperature.
The app also allows you to plot a temperature fluctuation graph to guide you in your next grilling.
This featureful thermometer offers a wide range of temperatures between 32F and 572F degrees. In addition to that, it provides a temperature accuracy within one to two degrees.
The sensors and steel cables can handle a temperature up to 570F degrees.
- Includes six probes
- Clear digital display
- User-friendly app
- 32F to 572F degrees temperature range
- Only 150 feet Bluetooth range
- Doesn’t come with batteries
7. Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Wireless Grill BBQ Thermometer for Grilling with 4 Probes
The Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Wireless Grill BBQ Thermometer features two temperature ranges for a short time and continuous coverage.
The box includes four stainless steel temperature probes, a USB charging cable, two cooking grate clips, a setup manual, and a warranty card.
You can measure temperature between 32F and 572F degrees for a short time and 32F to 482F degrees for continuous monitoring.
The four probes can easily be paired with Android or iPhone to read the cooking temperature from anywhere in your home. Moreover, the Bluetooth connectivity guarantees an accurate monitoring distance of 150 feet or less.
It comes with a magnetic design on the back, allowing you to place the transmitter on the oven or smoker to prevent accidental falling.
The battery lasts for 60 hours once fully charged, which is enough for multiple cooking sessions.
On the downside, the transmitter body isn’t waterproof, so it’s better not to use it in wet conditions.
- One-year warranty
- Four stainless steel probes
- Built-in lithium battery
- 4.9 feet probes
- Dual temperature range
- Transmitter made of plastic
- Includes only four probes
- No waterproofing
- Limited graph functionality
8. ThermoPro TP08S Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer
The ThermoPro TP08S is a dual-probe meat thermometer with a transmitter and a receiver.
Unlike some of the already-discussed thermometers, it transmits the data wirelessly to a receiver rather than on a smartphone.
You can measure the temperature remotely, even at a distance of 300 feet on the transmitter.
The two six inches food probes allow you to measure both the meat and ambient temperature.
It comes with both high and low-temperature alarms to prevent over and under food cooking.
The receiver is 4.5 inches tall and 2.5 inches wide with a sweet belt clip to keep it in a standing position. Simultaneously, the transmitter is 3.5 inches tall and 2.5 inches wide, which comes with a stand/hanger.
Moreover, the probes come with 42 inches long cables resistant to heat up to 716F degrees.
This featureful thermometer can easily measure temperature between 32F and 572F degrees.
- Two six inches food probes
- Backlit screen
- Hands-free design
- Preset temperature settings
- Old-school design
- Bulky receiver and transmitter
9. Soraken Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling, Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
The Soraken Wireless Meat Thermometer comes with four probes to measure the temperature. Furthermore, it displays the temperature on your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth connectivity.
You can easily measure the temperature between 32F and 572F degrees with this smart thermometer.
The probe cords are heat resistant up to 716F degrees, while the probes can handle heat up to 482F degrees. Not only that, plastic probe cable wraps the probe cords to keep them organized.
The transmitter comes with a magnetic back to attach it to the metal surface.
You need to install the free Easy BBQ phone on your Android or Apple phone.
The app also allows you to set alerts for both high and low temperatures.
- 11 preset temperatures
- Notification alerts for the desired temperature
- Magnetic back
- 32F to 572F degrees temperature range
- Durable probe cords
- Only 100 feet indoor and 170 feet outdoor range
10. Oprol Bluetooth Meat Thermometer, Wireless Digital BBQ Thermometer
The Oprol Bluetooth Meat Thermometer features six water-resistant heat probes.
You can conveniently measure the temperature between 33F to 572F degrees.
This innovative thermometer includes two BBQ meat claws, six meat probes with racks, and a manual.
The transmitter generates a beep sound and flashes with a backlight once the desired temperature reaches.
Moreover, it also comes with 11 preset temperatures, including pork, fish, lamb, chicken, veal, turkey, beef, hamburger, etc.
The probe wires come with metal braiding to prevent tangling. In addition to that, the Teflon core can withstand a temperature up to 716F degrees.
You can easily monitor the temperature at a range of 100 meters or 300 feet.
- Stainless-steel probes with wraps
- Easy pairing with smartphones
- Includes probe clips
- Water-resistant probes
- 33F to 572F degrees temperature range
- One-year warranty
- Probes may easily break
- Doesn’t include batteries
How to Select The Best Smoker Thermometer?
You must be really tempted to buy a smoker thermometer after reading the above reviews.
But wait, how do you select a suitable thermometer to match your grilling or smoking requirements.
Don’t worry; we’ll explain the selection criteria to choose the best smoker thermometer.
You should be able to read the temperature reading at a comfortable distance from the transmitter.
Although, you can see the temperature remotely on your smartphone or receiver. What if you are standing at the grill or smoke and want to check the transmitter’s temperature?
That’s why many models also come with a backlight to facilitate temperature reading.
Timer and Alarms
One of the main deciding factors is the availability of a timer, alarm, or beep sound. The most significant advantage of a smoke thermometer is to minimize continuous monitoring.
That’s why you need to set a count-down timer with an alarm notification when the food reaches the desired temperature.
The advanced smoke thermometers ensure remote monitoring. So, it’s better to check the required range and, more importantly, the obstacles.
Most of the thermometers reviewed above offer a temperature range between 150 feet and 495 feet.
However, this remote range depends on the connectivity type. For instance, WiFi connectivity is far more reliable than a Bluetooth connection only if you have a stable Internet connection.
Else, it’s better to opt for Bluetooth connectivity if you don’t trust your WiFi speed.
Other factors include temperature range, accuracy, probe and cable length, and construction.
How Does a Smoker Thermometer Work?
In order to find out the answer to the question under discussion, it’s better to understand the smoker thermometer types. In this way, you can understand the working of different kinds of smoker thermometers.
- Thermocouple probes – Are the fastest instant-red proves with two- to the five-second readout. The temperature of the intersection point between two fine wires goes to the digital thermometer.
- Semiconductor-based Sensor- Picks up the temperature along with its bimetallic coil. It takes around 20 seconds to get a readout. Moreover, the probes should be two to three inches into the food to measure the temperature accurately.
- Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) Thermistor – Measures the temperature according to the protein’s resistance changes. The resistance falls when the temperature goes up, resulting in precise and fast temperature reading.
How to Use Thermometer for Smoker?
It’s an essential section because you won’t measure the accurate temperature if you don’t insert the temperature probes correctly.
- You should insert the digital meat probe into the deepest part of the meat piece. The length of the probe plays an essential role in this regard. Don’t contact the probes with bones; else, you’ll end up with inaccurate temperature. Lastly, don’t insert the needle so far that it reaches the other side of the meat.
- In the case of a dual BBQ probe system, you can attach the probe directly to the grate to monitor both the smoker and meat temperature. The clip allows you to keep the probe in the right place.
- After inserting the probe, the thermometer takes around 30 seconds to measure the right temperature.
The trick is to keep the needle in the middle of your meat to precisely measure the temperature.
Many smokers with a lid do come with a built-in thermometer. However, these thermometers can only measure the ambient temperature. It means you need to invest in buying a good-quality smoke thermometer to perfectly cook juicy steaks for your family.
Moreover, you can’t use the hit and trial method to check the meat’s condition by poking it from the outside or analyzing its juice.
If you wish to ace your grilling game, you must get yourself a meat smoke thermometer that allows you to monitor an accurate temperature even remotely.
Not only that, a smoker thermometer can measure a wide range of temperatures with maximum temperature accuracy.